Monday, June 13, 2016

Run in with a Snake!!


Had such a great week here and it was full of joy!

Started the week with a hot dog roast up Road Canyon for Pday! It was all great other than the close run in I had with the rattlesnake :) Luckily I was not bit. 

That night we had a great lesson with Justin / Janelle and the Spirit was really strong as we taught the Restoration. We left them with a commitment to read the BofM and they accepted. We have developed a good relationship with them and they are neat family. I just look at their family and know how much this gospel will bless them if they accept and live it. Sometimes my heart breaks because I want these people to be so happy in the gospel and they don't see it that way. I hope that Justin can really help his family take the steps they need to.

Tuesday I went up to Salmon to be with Elder Edmonds and Reamer for an exchange. It was cool to serve with Elder Edmonds for the day since we were companions almost a year ago. Had a great time up there! It is a very beautiful spot in the mountains and the people were great. It will probably be the last time up there since that area will be going to the Idaho Falls mission in July.

Friday we helped this nonmember family set up for their out of school water party they were throwing! It was fun to help and we stayed at the party for a little bit. There were many kids there that we knew (pretty much all of them actually) and when they found out that we were there they soaked us with water guns! Haha it was great though. The family that we helped is so awesome. I really want them to just accept the gospel and we are going to meet with them this week! 

Yesterday Elder Driscoll of the Seventy (Area authority) came to Richfield with our mission president and it was a great meeting. Heard them both speak three times and learned some great things. Elder Driscoll was very down to earth and spoke a lot about obedience to what the Lord asks of us! Had my last interview with my mission president, President Curtis. It was great and I am going to miss him a lot! He goes home at the end of the month. He is a great man that loves the Lord and he definitely loves his missionaries. I have a close bond with him and I feel and see his great love.

Overall a great week! Found some promising potentials in Picabo that we will work with this week as well.


Love y'all! See ya soon

Elder Bean :)

The rattlesnake, dead but was coiled and ready to strike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment