Monday, December 22, 2014

Spirit of Christmas


Hey!!! Miss y'all :) Can't wait until Christmas to call home! So the week was great! Monday through Friday we delivered Secret Santa gifts (ding dong ditch style) to some of the empty nesters in the ward for our Relief Society President and then Saturday there was a reveal party for everyone to find out who delivered to them! That was a lot of fun. Tuesday was great! We helped out at Papa Kelsey's and decorated/did dishes and stuff (we go there everyday to help out if they are busy while we eat and stuff since they are so nice and give us discount or free sometimes). Wednesday and Thursday we went out to Tom's house and farm with Roland, Tyler, and Korby (Hutchinsons, Tyler is upper 20s and Korby is 21) and we helped clean up/do service all day on both days. It was fun cause it snowed so we threw snowballs and stuff haha. But there was a lot of heavy lifting involved! Farm equipment is not light! Saturday was Wanda's baptism!!! I loved it. It was so spiritual. The spirit was so strong and you could just feel it so full there and everyone felt it! I know it. My talk that I prepared on the Holy Ghost was not even a factor because when I got up to speak I didn't even use that talk! I just spoke whatever thoughts the Spirit prompted me with! It was great though and everyone said they loved it ( I saw tears ahha almost did myself too) President and Sister Curtis came and they said they loved my words! She commented on our sign we made about "He is the Gift" in Papa Kelsey's (I sent it to her) and she said they loved it! They are awesome. We went to the Wright's that night. (really cool, chill family. Sons are 12 and 10. They are fun kids ahha the Dad is non-member but really cool and the rest of the family is fully active. Then we went to deliver a secret Santa gift to a Part Member Family, the Larsens, and they loved it! We got in their house and shared a message and they are way nice and told us to come by often! She came to church the next day (he is the non-member and works a lot but he is from Texas so we got along great).  Sunday was awesome. We went to Mark's for lunch and he has so many questions about Joseph Smith and he said he is so drawn to our church for some reason! Went to the Schofield’s that night cause Brian and Caitlin came into town! She graduated on Friday from BYU-ID! Brian's sister Anna was there, with her family and they are really fun. Her oldest is 10 or 11 I think. I love the whole Schofield family! Anyways I am excited for this week and I love Christmas time. Go watch the Worlds Largest Nativity on the Piano Guys Youtube channel!! It is sooo good. Really brings in the spirit of Christmas!

-Elder Bean II






Wanda's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment