Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Loving Life in Buhl Idaho


So I love Buhl, ID!! Monday and Tuesday I said goodbye to a bunch of people and Wednesday was transfers! Elder Roth is my new companion! We cover two wards and a YSA (young single adult) branch here and there is another set of Elders that cover an English ward and the Spanish branch! They are way fun and we hang out a lot and do stuff together! Wednesday I went and saw the Schofields!! We went out to dinner with them and had an awesome time :) Thanksgiving was fun!! We had 3 dinners! I was so stuffed and it was soo goood. We got a ton of leftovers too! The Hutchenson's are a really chill member family here. We go over there and hangout/eat/teach and it is always fun there. Friday we drove to Twin for zone meeting (25 minute drive) and it was really good! We learned about the He Is The Gift initiative that the church started this month!! It is so awesome and on christmas.mormon.org there is a sweet video! The church has put a lot into this too and we have 200 pass-along cards and committed to give out 10 a day until Christmas! (in three days we gave out 28 so we are doing good). Saturday we did a lot of area bookwork... it has been slacking in the past so we were trying to fill up as much as we could with what we knew. Elder Roth has only been in the area for 6 weeks so doesn't know much. Sunday was great! We went to two sacraments and the YSA Sunday school. Bishop Schofield had me introduced to the ward and had me come bare my testimony! It was fun :) We had lunch with a big family and ate thanksgiving leftovers :)) Got to see the Ashtons!!! Was so awesome :) Love them for coming to see me. Then we had an awesome lesson with Wanda! She is an amazing lady that has LDS parents and called the bishop to start taking the lessons! She is golden and is so nice to talk to. She has a 16 year old son, but he isn't interested right now. She and her son have gone through a lot but we set a baptismal date for the 20th of December!! I am so excited for her :) I love it here! I am so happy and loving the work! I love Christmas season!!!! Miss and Love y'all

-Elder Bean II

christmas.mormon.org   The link to the video "He Is The Gift"



No comments:

Post a Comment