Monday, August 31, 2015

How Has Christ Changed Your Life


Dear family!

I love y'all and hearing such good things every week. Our week here in Gooding was pretty sweet. Tuesday we had such a neat experience with Ben and Mayda! We started off with the Mormon Message "Waiting on the Road to Damascus" By Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, and we watched that on a projector on the wall outside haha. It set the tone and was great. We moved the lesson inside due to mosquitos and the Spirit was so strong. It led the conversation and the questions and Ben, the husband who is a member, did such a good job answering Mayda's questions and the Spirit spoke through him so well. 

Funeral for little Cash Bingham was on Wednesday. 600-800 people were there... The church was filled all the way back to the stage. The Spirit was so strong at the funeral. Bishop Jensen (Cash's grandpa) spoke and so did the other grandpa. Both of them used the scriptures and gospel teachings so well in their talks and did such a good job.

In Fairfield we met Stew's neighbor, Blake, and he is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I have ever met. Brought out cold waters for us, had great conversation and even offered to take us fishing the next day, we had to decline because it would be Sunday and we had so many meetings, but we have his number and we are going to go one of these Mondays! 

We both spoke in church in Fairfield, our topic was "How has Christ changed your life". The meeting was great. Spirit was there. Elder Edmonds talked for 5 minutes (he thought his would be longer haha) so I had 30 minutes to go when I got up, but only managed to use a little over 25. Luckily the song and prayer took the other 5 :)  

So many other wonderful things happened this week, and too many to put into one email! I am so grateful for the experiences I have and the opportunity to meet and touch so many people's lives.
    I want y'all to know how much I love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love him more than anything. I know He lives. I know He guides us today through a prophet of God. I know that His love is real. He suffered and bled so much for us. We are forever indebted to Him because of that. Nothing we do can repay it, but we can show our love and appreciation through obeying his one request: Follow Thou Me. That is the only way I can show my love to the Lord, that is why I am on my mission right now, to share this great message with God's children because I love the Lord and I know what He has done for me and continues to do. To share with the world that Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us and because of that they have restored to the earth so many precious truths that we NEED in our lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love y'all,

Elder Bean


Mayda and Ben's kids, Brooke and Johnny


Crazy rubix cube a member gave me and I have solved half of it

No comments:

Post a Comment