Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Hope of God's Light


So week was awesomely fun! Played football last P day and it was awesome until Elder Meyers (one of the AP's) dove after me and broke/sprained his hand... I feel terrible but he says it wasn't my fault... oops. It was his basketball shooting hand too and his writing hand. 

My area is awesome and I am doing good! We had one new investigator this week. That was Camille's fiancé (Almon) and he is interested in turning his life around.. he is in some addictions right now.. He is a rough guy, been to prison and stuff. But he is really cool and listens to us. So Josh Pehrson is like my homie. We called him Tuesday cause we didn't have a dinner Wednesday and he said to call him whenever we need a place to go hah. So we went over on Wednesday to his house. He is 26, his wife Ellen is 29 and they have a little girl named Paige that turns one on Valentines Day! They are awesome. He came with us to a lesson that night and he was talking about his mission and telling us stories and giving us tips to make the mission way better. He is such a bro. Then we went back to their house after the lesson and I told Ellen before we left that we would do the dishes so we did and she made us cookies! She loved that we did the dishes and they were so thankful and I felt so great. Like I love that family so much and to be able to serve them and do that was fun. They are probably my favorite. Also on Wednesday, in the morning we had to go to Twin Falls for 3 week training for Elder Bunker. So the trainers and the trainees separated and us trainers talked about the successes and struggles to improve and it was awesome. Everyone is having the same general issues and it was great to get together and discuss how to overcome them. It helped so much and things are improving so much now. 

Thursday we went to Castleford to visit some people and we went to this less active family, but they weren't home, so as we walked back to the car I saw their neighbors outside so we went over and talked with them. It was a young mom, Alejandra, with 2 girls and she said she had missionaries before in Jerome and would be interested in having them again! Way cool. Then at night it was like 8:20 and we park at home and we are about to go inside cause we have nothing to do for the night and then I turn to Elder Bunker and I am like "Dude we have like 40 minutes left... Let's just go walk around and see what happens" so we do haha. It is so dark and we are walking the streets and I just feel prompted to knock this door. So we do and the guy is really nice (Greg) and we shared a little message and then he said we could come back! (we went back on Saturday and found out he is a Mennonite (sorta like amish.. but they have a ton of similar beliefs as us and they are super stubborn in their lifestyle and their "community" so they are crazy hard to convert). Then we knocked on another door and found this ladie named Tamie that I could tell could really use the gospel and she was nice and said we could come back!

Friday was Zone Training! It was great and learned a ton. Then we were back in Buhl walking around and saw all these ambulances, fire trucks, police, and then a life flight chopper in the sky so we were pretty interested. We walked towards it all and saw where the helicopter landed. There was like a crowd of people watching but turns out it was just a training exercise haha. But we talked to a lot of people in the crowd and found some less-actives and some potential investigators! So it was a neat opportunity.

Saturday we had a follow up with Camille and Almon. That turned out to be really great opportunity to read with them and answer questions. Then the craziest thing happened. I started to explain this mormon message "Hope of God's Light" (btw it is my favorite and the best mormon message I have yet to see) and the Spirit hit me so strong. I can't even explain it. It was like an answer to my prayers and my eyes filled with tears as I testified for the first time in my whole mission. I have never had that happen while testifying or teaching yet. It was surreal.  If you watch the video you will understand why! 

Yeah Fast Sunday was a little weird yesterday in one of my sacrament meetings (joy of covering two wards mean double church! ahha) This guy took like 20 minutes talking about random stuff that he likes in his life.... Like come on. We went to Mark's after church, one of our investigators, and he said he felt so awkward and that he got nothing out of church yesterday because of all the people talking about their lives for long amounts of time and I think only one or two actually said a testimony lol. But the other sacrament was awesome! Josh Pehrson got up and bore an awesome testimony and then he said something that has really brought the spirit into his home and helped them so much is having us over and he started to testify of us and how much we do. He is such a great guy. Like I cannot explain how awesome he is. I am probably gonna kick it with him after my mission aha. I bore my testimony too, and I loved it. I love getting to share how I feel. Last night we went over to the Well's (less active family and he is head football coach and they are very fun to be with) and he filled us in on the whole Super Bowl and how frustrated he was since his Seahawks lost. Crazy game from what I have heard lol.

Anyways I love and miss y'all. I love this Gospel. It brings so much happiness and peace to me. I can't explain it but there is nothing that can bring me to be sad or down because no matter what it is, through the Gospel and following Jesus Christ and relying on him we can overcome anything. He can comfort us in our sorrows, pains, sins, anything. We are so blessed to have all of the knowledge and leadership of the Gospel here on earth with our loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ at the head of the church! I love being a missionary and getting to go out everyday to help someone and to serve my Lord and Savior. 

Elder Bean II


With Brother Hutchinson

Morning basketball workout


No comments:

Post a Comment