Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Busy Week in Buhl


Hey! It was a good week! A lot happened

We went to the Bingham’s a couple times this week! They are a really cool family. While we were giving a lesson, Justin Cleverly came by and it was cool to see him again (they were the family that we had dinner with that hasn't been to church in 10+ years). We also helped them with some landscaping later in the week so that was fun too! 

Tuesday we had a really good District Meeting and it was very spiritually uplifting!

OH YEAH! So we are meeting with Camille/ Al again! Do y’all remember them from a while ago? Yeah we are visiting and helping them out again so that is nice. 

On Thursday we went in to Jen Nelsons salon. Johanna came by so it was cool to see her and then we also talked with one of the workers there, Tegan, and she knows Sallie and is going to help us fellowship her!

On Saturday we ate with the Andersons and they cooked us some super good steak! It was thick too. Best steak I have had on my mission. Then we ate with the Bowman’s last night and that was a lot of fun! I love their family. The kids opened up a lot and the two 8 year old twin girls really showed their colors and were crazy ahha but they are cute and fun! 

Saturday night something cool happened: We went to go visit a family and they weren't home so we went with Bro. Lloyd to go contact a name and we got in the home and found out he is less-active and his wife is not member and they are open to us teaching the lessons!! It was way cool and we are looking forward to teaching them this week!! I will keep y’all posted. Their names are John and Flo Aguilar. Oh and she asked us why we are on a mission and what is our goal when we go into homes. It was a good experience for me and I told her that I find joy in seeing others joy in finding Christ. I said other things but while I was saying them, I felt the spirit strongly testify to me that that was my purpose and my passion for being out here. We don't serve missions for ourselves, but for God's children around us. Their joy brings us more exceeding joy than anything else. Alma talks a lot about that in the scriptures and so do the sons of Mosiah. At on point Amulek chastises Ammon I think for boasting in his joy and Ammon responds that he is boasting in his God and the exceeding joy of bringing the joyful message of salvation and hope to others and that he is just and right in glorying in his God and not in his self. 

Oh and I have been talking with a lot of people and also putting some thought into things and I have actually decided that I want to become a physical therapist! Idk where to go to school or what but that is what I want to be now!!

A lot of other things happened I just can't remember them and I wrote them down but I forgot the paper! :( Sorry I will update more next week If I left out important things! Also a cool scripture I randomly found this morning: D&C 88:67-68 talks about being filled with light and no room for darkness in our lives!!

Love y'all!!

-Elder Bean II


"And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things. Therefore sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will." Doctrine & Covenants 88:67-68


The Temple grounds

Twin Falls Idaho Temple







Can we invite you to read The Book of Mormon, it's another testament of Jesus Christ



No comments:

Post a Comment